• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VM screen resolution

Hello,
    I'm using the VM pc v6 on my notebook.
    This notebook is with wide screen.
    The problem that I can't configure my VM to the notebooks wide resolution (16:9) because there is not such a choise.
    The VM addons are already installed.

Please assist.

Re: VM screen resolution

Hello, isn't it possible to use RDP as connection method. When using XP-mode on 7, the connection is RDP by default, and wide screens are not a problem.

G.
    gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

What is your laptop's OS?
      The hardware the virtual machine "senses" is virtualized, and it the same on all computers (with slight differences, but the screen is not one of them).
      You cannot change the resolution to wide (16:9) because the VM does not "see" such a screen. Hence, you cannot see the VM's screen is Full Screen properly...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Have you tried changing the resolution in the Display Properties, Settings tab? I have a native resolution on my laptop of 1440 x 900 but on the VM the settings go to 1600 x 1200 and I can change the VM to 1440 x 900.

I am running XP SP3 & VPC 2007.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          What is your laptop's OS?
          The hardware the virtual machine "senses" is virtualized, and it the same on all computers (with slight differences, but the screen is not one of them).
          You cannot change the resolution to wide (16:9) because the VM does not "see" such a screen. Hence, you cannot see the VM's screen is Full Screen properly...
          My notebook with wide screen resolution.
          and OS is WinXP SP3

Comment

Working...
          X