Virtual PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual PC

Hello, I want to virtualize my PC. Which software do you think is better to choose?

Re: Virtual PC

Can you give us a little more information about the PC you want to virtualise and the environment you have to virtualise it into?

How much do you know about the topic?

At the moment, your qestion is a bit like "I want to buy a car, what should I get?"
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply!
      I had dekstop with Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Intel Pentium 4CPU 3.20GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM.
      Not so long ago I have bought laptop (ViewBook™ VNB132’s 13.3) with Windows® 7 Home Premium, 2GB DDR3 SDRAM.
      I have so many information on my old dekstop, photos, files, programs. So I don't want to spend a lot of time on copying everything.
      As I am a lamer in this topic I would like this process to be quick, easy and costless.

Comment

There is XP Mode, a built in virtualisation solution with Win7 Pro and Ultimate, which will allow you to run XP within 7. With a p2v conversion of your existing machine (http://www.aspdeveloper.net/Virtual_...Windows_7.aspx) that would sort you out well.

There are a couple of slight problems
        You have the wrong version of Win7 (but can upgrade by buying a new license)
        Your laptop is probably not up to the job -- it would need 4Gb RAM and maybe a fasster processor

As an option, how about using a product like logmein to access your desktop from the laptop?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you! I will try!

Comment

Working...
          X