multiple Internet sharers on ICS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple Internet sharers on ICS

I now have an arrangement which allows Internet access on a VPC VM over a USB modem (SpeedTouch 330) on the host machine. It uses ICS and MS Loopback Adapter to link the USB device to the VM. Host and VM use WinXP SP2. Now I want to provide for an external sharer over the hardware ethernet connector on the host, without interfering with the Internet access of the VM. I suspect I need to use either this or an additional loopback adapter. Trouble is, I can't experiment, as it's on a machine an hour's drive away - need to go there with a ready solution. Anybody know what the trick is?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Last edited by johnnixon; 16th December 2009, 17:24.

Re: multiple Internet sharers on ICS

Get a cheap modem/router and connect it all together that way. The device should cost you less than $40 (I can get one here in OZ for AUD$20 ) and you can connect multiple users just by plugging them into a Switch. Hassle free Internet (and network) sharing in a Virtual environment.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: multiple Internet sharers on ICS

Thanks for the reply biggles77, but I'm doing this for a mate, who wants to keep his ST330 in play, as it comes as part of his ISP deal. Part of the setup uses ISDN over an analogue line (yes, I don't see that either). I certainly don't have that option with my Linksys WAG54G. I've already got the first bit cracked (getting through to a VPC VM from the SpeedTouch 330, via a loopback adapter). Microsoft refer to the possibility of adding more share users using the MS loopback adapter, but don't tell us how to do it.
      Anyway, thanks again for trying.

Comment

Working...
      X