No announcement yet.

multiple Internet sharers on ICS

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple Internet sharers on ICS

I now have an arrangement which allows Internet access on a VPC VM over a USB modem (SpeedTouch 330) on the host machine. It uses ICS and MS Loopback Adapter to link the USB device to the VM. Host and VM use WinXP SP2. Now I want to provide for an external sharer over the hardware ethernet connector on the host, without interfering with the Internet access of the VM. I suspect I need to use either this or an additional loopback adapter. Trouble is, I can't experiment, as it's on a machine an hour's drive away - need to go there with a ready solution. Anybody know what the trick is?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Last edited by johnnixon; 16th December 2009, 17:24.

Re: multiple Internet sharers on ICS

Get a cheap modem/router and connect it all together that way. The device should cost you less than $40 (I can get one here in OZ for AUD$20 ) and you can connect multiple users just by plugging them into a Switch. Hassle free Internet (and network) sharing in a Virtual environment.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: multiple Internet sharers on ICS

Thanks for the reply biggles77, but I'm doing this for a mate, who wants to keep his ST330 in play, as it comes as part of his ISP deal. Part of the setup uses ISDN over an analogue line (yes, I don't see that either). I certainly don't have that option with my Linksys WAG54G. I've already got the first bit cracked (getting through to a VPC VM from the SpeedTouch 330, via a loopback adapter). Microsoft refer to the possibility of adding more share users using the MS loopback adapter, but don't tell us how to do it.
      Anyway, thanks again for trying.