X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to Boot from windows 2008 RC ISO in VP 2007

Hi ,

I downloaded the Windows RC from torrents,after that i created as .ISO by FreeISO Creator By minidvdsoft.com after creating the full folder as windows2008rc.iso i created a seperate virtual machine for Windows 2008 in VP Console and mount windows2008rc.iso then restarted ,

VM not grabbing the windows2008serverrc.iso ,even i gave the correct path in VM Seetings , Im getting DHCP Rolling symbol is coming ..Kindly Help on this issue.

Note:
    this is the first test server in VPC 2007 so kindly help me..

Daniel Raj

Re: Not able to Boot from windows 2008 RC ISO in VP 2007

Why not download the legal version from Microsoft -- with a dodgy download you don't know what you are getting!

Are you sure you mean 2008 -- Server 2008 has been RTM for some time now -- when I first read the post I thought you meant Windows 7
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hii Tom ,

I am sure man its server 2008 RC ,not windows 7,coz I have very slow internet connection in my Home so i downloded from torrents , I have a windows 7 in DVD it is booting in VPC 2007no problem in that,

Help me in 2008 server RC issue...is that any option to use that ..?

Currently i have Full Copy of Windows Server 2008 RC as well as Converted .iso formated copy,

help me to install in VPC 2007.

Daniel Raj

Comment

Can you confirm if this is the Beta version of Server 2008 R2 or the full version of Server 2008
        Do you have a license for the product?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ya thats is Beta version of Windows server 2008 R2 ,I have the Licence Key for that also ..

Comment

Did the key come with the torrent (very important) or did you get it from microsoft?

Comment

I got that Key from Torrents only not from Microsoft ,the problem is Just booting and Installing windows 2008 RC in virtual PC ...Let me know the Procedure to do it.. I have Both Folder contains Full Windows 2008 server RC files aswell as iso Converted image with key....

Comment

Well, they do say that if you give someone enough rope they will hang themself....

We rather frown upon illegal software here -- there was some doubt before but if you are using Torrents for the SW and the product key, it is clear cut

Bye, bye geekguy.....
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X