This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low disk space on virtual pc

I have installed vista on Microsoft virtual PC. However I didn't allow enough disk space when I first installed. I only allowed 64mb. Is there any way I can increase the disk space without having to start another new virtual machine and reinstalling vista??

Re: low disk space on virtual pc

>>Administrative part <<
    Please read the forum rules ! Especially #2 : Don't double post! Only the fact that this is your first post saved you from being banned... Warning issued.
    >>End of administrative part <<

Hard for me to see how you could have managed to install Vista in a 64MB disk
    And what disk are we talking here? Fixed-size? Dynamically-expanding? Your question is not clear at all...
    Anyway, I suggest you take a look at VMToolkit's toy VHD Expander, I tend to think this is what you're looking for ...
    If not, come back with a clearer post, and we'll try to assist you.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

I didn't double post, at least not deliberately. And obviously if I didn't send the right information its because I only know what it tells me. It should have said 64 gb not mb. People like me use these forums because we are not techies, but trying to navigate a system that is anything but user friendly. But coming here is like going to a dictionary, you end up checking 20 different words because the definitions are more complicated than the word you looked up. Ban me and spare me the condescension. Have a nice day.
      Last edited by mikepp; 17th July 2009, 20:01.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepp View Post
        I didn't double post, at least not deliberately. And obviously if I didn't send the right information its because I only know what it tells me. It should have said 64 gb not mb. People like me use these forums because we are not techies, but trying to navigate a system that is anything but user friendly. But coming here is like going to a dictionary, you end up checking 20 different words because the definitions are more complicated than the word you looked up. Ban me and spare me the condescension. Have a nice day.
        You say you are not a techie but still expect us to know this without informing us. 64Mb 64MB, 64Gb and 64GB ALL mean differnt things. Installing Vista in a 64GB virtual seems a bit over the top to me, hence the need to clarify.

This Forum software is one of the easiest to use, after all you managed to find it, join, logon, find the correct Forum and post a message. If you think this is not user friendly then I suggest you put away Vista now and go back to pencil and paper.

Anyone who answers a question here does so in their FREE time when they are not doing there real job. They do that to help people like you who don't like anything that isn't user friendly and require it all handed to them on a plate. When you are questioned you have a hissy fit and then attack the very person who is trying to help you. If it wasn't for people like Sorinso, the other Moderators and the multitude of our fantastic members, who are too numerous to mention, coming here and sharing their skill and knowledge, this site would not exist for noobies like yourself who have basic, minor problems and appear to not want to RTFM to gain the required basic info.

The answer you received was NOT condescending but one asking for more information so you coul be assited with your problem and it even supplied you with a link to a tool to expand your 64mb VHD. If you think that is condescending then you have no conception of what the word means.

If you wish to receive help with your problem then post back but improve your attitude. Anything that even comes close to appearing hostile and your ban request shall be immediately granted.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

"Please read the forum rules ! Especially #2 : Don't double post! Only the fact that this is your first post saved you from being banned... Warning issued." You dont call that condescending to someone who posts on here for the first time?? Perhaps I should have used the word elitist instead.

"They do that to help people like you who don't like anything that isn't user friendly and require it all handed to them on a plate."

Microsoft gives you Windowsimagebackup but dont give out any way to open it unless you are a techie, and you are telling me that i want things handed to me on a plate. I have tried to open this file for over a month. I stand by what I said the forums are for techies who share a language all their own.

"This Forum software is one of the easiest to use, after all you managed to find it, join, logon, find the correct Forum and post a message." You are drawing an equivalence between finding a forum, logging in, and posting a message, to being able to open windowsimagebackup as an example?

No i didnt know there was a difference between Gb and GB or Mb and MB.

And I wasn't talking about the answer I received as condescending, but the warning which was over the top.

I don't give a damn if you ban me.

Comment

Your wish is my command !
            And all this, despite the fact that you were given the solution (VHDResize) in my first post.
            I wish I could say it was nice talking to you ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

Its amazing how people waltz in and blame others for their own inadequacies
              If you had a problem with your car, or your plumbing, you would call in an expert and let them solve the problem for you and pay for the priviledge

Only in the IT world do people with limited training and experience try to do something, mess it up and then try blaming everyone else for not making the system work the way they think it should
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X