Newbie question MS virtual pc 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question MS virtual pc 2007

I just installed a copy of MS virtual PC 2007 on a computer because my wife surfed somewhere nailed a virus which then crushed her PC. I am hopeful that running a browser inside of a VM will contain any further problems/damage to just the VM when she is surfing the web.

In the event that she crushes her VM with another virus and would prefer not to go through the time to load and configure the VM all over again. Hopefully can just copy back a clean VM image and be off and running again. I have copied the vmc & vhd files to another place on the pc. Is it safe to assume that if I were to erase those files and copy them back from my other copy - would that restore the VM without having to go through all the reload work? I am running Vista64 for the host and XPhome as the guest and I have to say it runs very well!

Thanks, Leo
    Last edited by lboeckl; 17th June 2009, 01:38.

Re: Newbie question MS virtual pc 2007

Well, what i know, if you don't have Virtual server 2005, the only and best way is backing up the hole VHD file after its up and running.

Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro

Comment

Originally posted by lboeckl View Post
      Hopefully can just copy back a clean VM image and be off and running again. I have copied the vmc & vhd files to another place on the pc. Is it safe to assume that if I were to erase those files and copy them back from my other copy - would that restore the VM without having to go through all the reload work?
      Yes, that should work. You don't need the vmc file as that is created when you setup a new machine in Virtual PC. Just copy the clean VHD to another location, create a new machine and point to the newly copied VHD.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks - I really appreciate the help. Take care, Leo

Comment

Working...
        X