VPC Network Connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPC Network Connection

I'm using the new VPC (2007 version I think) with CRM 4.0 (that's where many troubles started).

Scenario 1: I am unable to get internet connection, but everything else works fine (meaning I can browse to my CRM organizations fine).
    Scenario 2: I am able to get internet connection, but I can't browse to my CRM organizations anymore.

You might wonder how I create those 2 scenario's: Here's the detailed explanation:
    (before I continue, I don't think I need explanation about how to do the network settings in the VPC settings, I know how to do that and I'm quite sure they're at the right thing since I can get to the internet)

If I go to my Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) (Start - Control Panel - Network connections - properties - Internet Protocoal - Properties) and I do this:

1. Use the following IP address/Use the following DNS server addresses: and fill in the correct IP address etc. THEN I can browse to CRM... BUT internet won't work!

2. Obtain an IP address automatically/obtain DNS server address automatically: I can get internet acces, but I can't browse to CRM anymore (it tells me the page cannot be displayed)

I would like to be able to browse to both CRM and the internet so I can test eg Iframes that require internet connection etc...

Can anyone help me with this?

Re: VPC Network Connection

Have you also typed a Gateway address when you assign an IP? Is the IP address you allocate on the same subnet as the internet Gateway?

Comment

Can you tell us what settings you put in for Scenario 1 (plus the address of your CRM server)?
      Also what settings you get in Scenario 2 (and where your DHCP server is)?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

These are the settings for when I cannot connect to the internet, but I can cannect to my crm site:

And this is when I can connect to the internet but not to CRM anymore:

Comment

Scenario 1) Your default gateway should be something else (probably your router IP) Your DNS server should also be something other than the local machine
          Scenario 2) Please run a command prompt, type IPCONFIG /ALL and post the result
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What about when you have "automatic" settings turned on?
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

I gave you a screenshot what happens when I do that?
              Then I can connect to the internet but not to CRM website anymore... so it takes my host computer's IP but not my local anymore.

Comment

What does IPCONFIG /ALL give you when you have "obtain an IP address automatically" and "obtain DNS server address automatically" switched ON?
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Try 192.168.19.50 for the IP address and 192.168.19.1 for the Gateway and 192.168.19.9 for the DNS.

What is 192.168.19.9? Is that another VM?

Comment

I tried that... now both internet as crm don't work anymore.

I don't know what 192.168.19.9 is...

What else can I try?

Comment

What happens when you do an IPCONFIG /ALL on the CRM machine
                      You have two different subnets:
                      CRM appears to be on 192.168.0.x
                      Internet appears to be on 192.168.19.x

You need to sort out either the router or the CRM (and maybe other) computers so they are all on the same subnet
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Both of the ipconfig/all that I displayed were from my VPC. Just with the 2 different settings as displayed below.

It is really something with this new VPC because I have an old one and the internet and crm are working just fine on that.

How can I bring them on the same subnet?

Comment

Is the CRM on the VPC or on the computer that has the VPC?

Edit: Also, the DNS address needs to point at the DNS for your network or CRM and internet won't work. For some reason, DHCP allocates 19.168.19.9 and 192.18.19.10 for that. you could try adding the WINS server as well to the settings. Also, what's the IPCONFIG /ALL settings of the host PC that the VPC is installed on?
                          Last edited by Virtual; 28th May 2009, 08:53.

Comment

The CRM is on the VPC

Comment

Go through ALL your PCs (Physical and virtual)
                              Do an IPCONFIG /ALL
                              You will find most are on one subnet (probably 192.168.19.x)
                              Change the other ones to match them
                              Tom Jones
                              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                              IT Trainer / Consultant
                              Ossian Ltd
                              Scotland

Comment

Working...
                              X