No announcement yet.

P2V conversion

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2V conversion

I am searching for a tool that will help me migrate (p2v) a Windows Server (W2k3 Ent. Ed. SP2) in a Microsoft Virtual Server R2 environment.

I checked VSMT but face hardware compatibilities issues.

I also checked the demo version of HP SERVER MIGRATION PACK without success also. According to the compatibility matrix, the product is compatible with several version of windows 2003 but not Windows Server 2003 Ent. Ed. SP2.

Has anyone try this product to migrate a server running Windows Server 2003 Ent. Ed. SP2 with HP SERVER MIGRATION PACK?

Thank you

Re: P2V conversion

I can tell you I used SCVMM2007 in the past for P2V processes, and it always worked like a charm.
    The product is not free, but it is a very good tool to manage the virtual environment.
    I read about HP SERVER MIGRATION PACK, but never used it....

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Re: P2V conversion

Finally, I give up (lack of support, incompability with W2K SP2).

I tried the demo version of Vizoncore Vconvertor ( and it work like a charm.

Considering the limited number of migrations I have to do and the price per migration similar to Hp server migration pack, I will use this software instead.