Virtualization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtualization

Hello, i'm planning on installing a virtual machine with exchange and a sql database, do you recomend that ? is is anygood with performance ?

Best Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro

Re: Virtualization

It depends entirely on the spec of the host, and the specs you give to the virtual machines. I would strongly recommend that you do not run Exchange and SQL on the same box. I would also recommend that wherever possible, you do not virtualise either Exchange or SQL, but particularly SQL.

If you do go down this route, make sure the host has gobs of memory and that both VMs have plenty to work with.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Virtualization

For testing purposes you can do that. For production, you'd better know what you're expecting from your system.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X