VM not booting from CD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VM not booting from CD

have disabled network adapter from settings I have disabled floppy drive in BIOS of the Vitual pc 2007 the boot device as CD ROM is showing as virtual cd even in the file menu of the Virual PC 2007 if I go into CD and use CD drive F: it still says insert boot media in selected boot device…someone please help!! The cd rom is selected as first boot device and floppy drive is disabled yet the Virtual PC 2007 will not read XP boot cd in the combo drive. I don’t get any prompt for password or anything like that I downloaded Virtual Pc 2007 from microsoft’s website....Someone please post a reply at least.......
    Last edited by kersasp; 7th February 2009, 09:29. Reason: additional content

Re: VM not booting from CD

Hi, kersasp. Please read the forum rules. Especially #14: No thread hijacking!
    You are using a different product than the original poster of the original thread, so it is no need to disable the network adaptor.
    Please double check that the media you are using is bootable.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -
    «««««

Comment

I am having a similar issue. I have installed VPC2007 on a Vista Ultimate box but when I try installing Win98SE and point VPC to the drive with the .iso it will not read the CD. Instead, the VPC is looking for XPE trying to obtain a DHCP address. My Vista box sees a USB FDD as drive "B" only, so I cannot use it as a boot device either.

Comment

You have the ISO burnt on the CD? Are you mounting the virtual CD drive to the ISO, or to the physical drive?
        Please:
        - check that the boot sequence in the VM's BIOS is set to CD first;
        - check in the VM's settings that there is a CD/DVD drive attached to the machine;
        - try to copy the ISO to the hard disk and mount the ISO to the virtual machine.
        Please come back with the results.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
        In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -
        «««««

Comment

Working...
        X