Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• networking between Host and Guest Machine

Hi

I am using Window Vista in my Host machine. I installed Virtual server 2005 R2.

I have created multiple Virtual Machines and i can able to communicate between Guest Machines. Now I need to share the internet to Guest machines.

Can any body guide me regarding this..

Thanks & Regards.
    Anil

Re: networking between Host and Guest Machine

Hey, Anil.
    To what virtual networks are your virtual machines connected? To the Internal Network?
    Is the virtual DHCP server enabled on the virtual network your machines are connected to? If so, is the scope in the same subnet like the outside network?
    Please provide the details (and everything else you think is relevant), and will continue from there....

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Hi Sorin Solomon

My machine(Host machine with Windows Vista) is client with DHCP Server and my machine has getting 124.X.X.X. [IP address removed by Mod] and my Guest (virtual) Machines are connected with 10.241.1.100. and connected with Local Network Adapter.
      DHCP is disabled for my virtual Network i have assigned IP addresses manually to every machine in Virtual Network.
      Can you let me know shall i change the Ip address of my virtual Machines.
      please guide me to resolve this issue
      Last edited by sorinso; 24th January 2009, 12:27.

Comment

Note: I removed your IP from the post... It is not a good ides to post a real address ...
        What is the internal IP address of your Virtual Network? Is it what you posted? If so, is it set as default gateway for the virtual machines?
        Can you post the output of the ipconfig /all on one of the virtual machines?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Hi Sorin Solomon

thanks for reply.
          I have 3 virtual Machines you can find details bellow

1. first one with Windows 2003 server, AD,DNS IP:10.241.0.2, Subnet: 255.0.0.0, Default gateway: 10.241.0.2

2. second one with windows 2003 server, DNS, DHCP
          - IP:10.241.0.3, Subnet: 255.0.0.0 Default Gateway: 10.241.0.2

3 third one with client machine with winXP - IP: 10.241.0.100 Subnet: 255.0.0.0 Default Gateway: 10.241.0.2, DNS: 10.241.0.2

Thanks & Regards.
          Anil

Comment

How are your virtual networks defined?
            What is the network configuration of the three virtual machines?
            In the DC server, have you configured a Forward Zone in the DNS?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have created My virtual network to work with domain controllers, DNS servers, Patching. I have created this virtual network to get expertise on window domain.

domain name: Microsoft.local

Server1 Name : Server1.microsoft.local
              Server2 Name : Server2.microsoft.local
              Client Name : Client.microsoft.local

All these three Virtual Machines are connected to Virtual Local Networks

I didn't configure Forward Zone in server .

is it necessary to configure forwarder ?
              please give me the solution ..

Thanks & Regards.
              Anil

Comment

Ok, let's bring some order to this thread...
                You have Virtual Server 2005 R2 installed on your Vista.
                You created three virtual machines, two servers (DC+DNS and DNS+DHCP - why DNS on two servers?) and a client (XP). They are all connected to the virtual local network. It would be nice if you could post a screeshot of your virtual network configuration, from the Virtual Server Administration Website -> Virtual Networks -> Configure -> All.
                Not clear to me why in your IP configuration, the Default Gateway is set to the DC... Is the DC set as router too (does it has two NICs)?
                I understand from your posts so far that you cannot contact the outside world, isn't it?
                Regarding the forward zone, I think you should set a forward zone in the DNS (on the DC) for the external DNS server... Otherwise, how will you resolve names?
                But this is later, now you should solve the first problem: your default gateway is not set properly...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                X