Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connectivity issue between host and virtual machine

Hi Frineds,

For testing purpose I have installed virtual server 2005 on my machine and created a domain contoller on VM.

Now, My host machine has a ip address 198.168.1.2 (via ISP provided access point inbuit DHCP) and for VM I configured following settings:

Two virtual nic card
    • One intenal (ip address is 10.1.1.1)
    • Second card connect to external network (got IP fom DHCP and ip address is 192.168.1.4)
    Now I can ping my virtual machine with IP 192.168.1.4 and also from virtual machine I can ping 192.168.1.2 (host machine)

But when I try to ping VM with ip 10.1.1.1 (VM domain controller) fom host it is not pingable. Kindlt let me know how to resolve this issue

Re: Connectivity issue between host and virtual machine

Have you checked if a firewall is enabled.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
      Have you checked if a firewall is enabled.
      Yes, firewall is already disabled.

Comment

How exactly do you expect the host on the 192.168.X.X range to know how to reach a host in 10.X.X.X range? It does see the 192.168.X.X neighbor, but not the other one... More than that, you defined that NIC as Internal. In the internal VS2005 Help is stated:
        Internal: Connects the virtual machine to a virtual network that is available only to other virtual machines. This type of network is isolated from the external network of the physical computer.
        Why do you need both NICs, anyway?
        And, BTW... I hope you will not add the host to the domain that resides on the VM ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

I am sorry I am weak in networking but what I want to do is:

As you said I donot what to add host to domain but yes I want to take rdp (mstsc) of all VM and for that host must able to ping 10.x.x.x Now I think u understood what I exactly want to do.

Regards
          Yogesh Malhotra

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          How exactly do you expect the host on the 192.168.X.X range to know how to reach a host in 10.X.X.X range? It does see the 192.168.X.X neighbor, but not the other one... More than that, you defined that NIC as Internal. In the internal VS2005 Help is stated:

Why do you need both NICs, anyway?
          And, BTW... I hope you will not add the host to the domain that resides on the VM ...

Comment

Wel...
            Whatever network connection you need between the host and the VM, use the 192.168.X.X addresses... I don't see at the moment why you need the 10.X.X.X virtual NIC
            Why do you need RDP from the host to the VMs? For management? If so, I strongly suggest you use VMRCPlus. It's free and it's a great tool.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
              Wel...
              Whatever network connection you need between the host and the VM, use the 192.168.X.X addresses... I don't see at the moment why you need the 10.X.X.X virtual NIC
              Why do you need RDP from the host to the VMs? For management? If so, I strongly suggest you use VMRCPlus. It's free and it's a great tool.

Thanks Friend , I will check VMRCPlus and get back to you if required.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogesh View Post
                Thanks Friend , I will check VMRCPlus and get back to you if required.
                Good luck!
                And please post back the result...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                X