Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you update the server name in IIS after changing the server host name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you update the server name in IIS after changing the server host name?

I recently install MS Virtual Server 2005 R2 Enterprise Edtion. After the install I decided to change the physical server name from server02 to vserver02. After restarting the server I was unable to open the administration website on the local machine. I can open the admin website however, from a remote computer by change server02 to vserver02 in the address to browse to the site. When I make this change in the web address on the local machine I get an error 500.

I suspect that I need to change/update something in IIS manager because on the local machine I get a error 500 message when I attempt to browse to the admin site.

Re: How do you update the server name in IIS after changing the server host name?

Originally posted by defellah View Post
    I recently install MS Virtual Server 2005 R2 Enterprise Edtion. After the install I decided to change the physical server name from server02 to vserver02. After restarting the server I was unable to open the administration website on the local machine. I can open the admin website however, from a remote computer by change server02 to vserver02 in the address to browse to the site. When I make this change in the web address on the local machine I get an error 500.

I suspect that I need to change/update something in IIS manager because on the local machine I get a error 500 message when I attempt to browse to the admin site.
    Try using the IP address instead and see what happens.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How do you update the server name in IIS after changing the server host name?

Thanks much. Using the IP worked. Wow that was sooo simple.

Comment

Originally posted by defellah View Post
        Thanks much. Using the IP worked. Wow that was sooo simple.
        Now, you should check the DNS A record for the host you mentioned in your original post. It's probably wrong.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X