Virtual Networks keep dissapearing on Virtual Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Networks keep dissapearing on Virtual Server

Seeming randomly (about once per day, sometimes when i restart the guest, sometimes when i reset the host) the virtual server "forgets" its virtual networks and i have to re-add or re-create them.

I am using the latest version of Virtual Server (2005 R2 SP1).

I have had this happen to me on two computers (over my time) now and it is really fustraiting, just wondering if anyone has had this happen and knows how to fix it??

I am pulling my hair out over this as it is not good that my email server keeps going down, so any light on this situation would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Kris Bennett

Re: Virtual Networks keep dissapearing on Virtual Server

Any errors in the Virtual Server event logs?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

What is your host's hardware?
      Are you using the most updated NIC drivers?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

I use windows vista as the host (on both computers that it happens to me on actually), and just realised that the logs state:
        Code:
        The virtual machine "Server 2008" cannot connect virtual network adapter 1 because either the virtual network is invalid or access was denied. This virtual network adapter will be left disconnected.
        This wouldn't be the initial problem though... as i imagine that by this stage the virtual network has already dissapeared and therefore the virtual machiene can't connect to it .

Any ideas?

Thanks
        Kris
        Last edited by i00; 6th November 2008, 00:27.

Comment

Originally posted by i00 View Post
          I use windows vista as the host
          According to Virtual Server 2005 R2 System Requirements, Vista is not a supported host OS. I think you're not on solid ground here. Unlike VirtualPC 2007, that has no problem running on Vista (I am using it on Vista Enterprise).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

not really what i wanted to hear , becides that it seems to work fine...

is there someway i could create a vbs script to add the network and connect it to the virtual machiene then?

Thanks,
            Kris

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
            According to Virtual Server 2005 R2 System Requirements, Vista is not a supported host OS. I think you're not on solid ground here. Unlike VirtualPC 2007, that has no problem running on Vista (I am using it on Vista Enterprise).

Comment

found out what the problem was

seemed that my virtual server was trying to boot up before my wireless card had initiallised ... just set the startup delay to 60 seconds and all seems to work well

Comment

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Now you say "wireless" ?!?!?!
                Anyway, thank you for posting back why the problem occured and how to solve it... For the sake of the future generations, you know ...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                X