VS 2005 R2 grows bigger and bigger??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS 2005 R2 grows bigger and bigger??

I'm running VS 2003 R2 on a Server 2003 pc. In this virtual environment runs also Server 2003 and a WebPortal programm. It's working fine untill..
    The virtual environment is set to a HDD proportion of 14 Gig. But it is growing to the full capacity of the pc's HDD 146 Gig?
    What is Wrong? Anybody an explenation of this!

Help me please!
    heho

Re: VS 2005 R2 grows bigger and bigger??

Hi, heho.
    Can you please explain how is your environment built?
    I understand you have an 2003 server that runs VS2005. Is the other application running in a virtual machine, or besides the VS2005?
    What do you mean by
    The virtual environment is set to a HDD proportion of 14 Gig
    ? Do you have the disk partitioned? Or have you set the VHD disk to only 14GB?
    How is your disk defined? Fixed size? Dynamically expanding? How are you managing the VS2005? With the built-in Administrative site? Or with VMRC?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Also, how often is this VM shut town? When was the last time you performed a compacting of the VMs HD?
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Sorinso, DanielP,

Explanation; The VS environment is preconfigured on a cd-rom. When i start the cd on my Windows Server 2003 machine it will install the VS compleet automaticly and it installs Windows Server 2003 automaticly.

answer on DanielP: The VS is several times shut down (i think 5 or 6x) I never compact the VS disk.

answer to sorinso: The other application (WebPortal) is running in a virtual machine. The disks are not partionized. I don't now How is your disk defined? Fixed size? Dynamically expanding? How are you managing the VS2005? With the built-in Administrative site? Or with VMRC?

Maybe the pictures wil give a clear explanation.

heho

Comment

Working...
        X