• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem installing Windows 98

First of all

Hi i'm Flying Spiders

When I try and install Windows 98 I get this message

Despite that there is nothing wrong with the Win 98 CD that is in my CD drive

Any ideas?

Re: Problem installing Windows 98

Welcome, Flying Spiders.
    Few things come to my mind for you to check:
    1) in the settings of the virtual machine, how is the CD device configured?
    2) when you boot the machine, does it have the CD in the boot sequence?
    3) when you boot the machine, in the CD menu of the VirtualPC 2007, is it set to "Use physical drive [whatever]"?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      Welcome, Flying Spiders.
      Few things come to my mind for you to check:
      1) in the settings of the virtual machine, how is the CD device configured?
      2) when you boot the machine, does it have the CD in the boot sequence?
      3) when you boot the machine, in the CD menu of the VirtualPC 2007, is it set to "Use physical drive [whatever]"?
      1) in the settings of the virtual machine, how is the CD device configured? Secondary IDE
      2) when you boot the machine, does it have the CD in the boot sequence? The physical machine or the virtual one? It shows up in the boot sequence of virtual
      3) when you boot the machine, in the CD menu of the VirtualPC 2007, is it set to "Use physical drive [whatever]"? Yes

Comment

Try to set the boot sequence of the virtual machine so it will boot only from the CD.
        Are you certain that the Win98 installation CD is OK and bootable? Their disks came with a diskette, and you had to boot from the diskette for the computer to see the CD ... It's hard for me to believe you have an Win98 bootable CD ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Try to set the boot sequence of the virtual machine so it will boot only from the CD.
          Are you certain that the Win98 installation CD is OK and bootable? Their disks came with a diskette, and you had to boot from the diskette for the computer to see the CD ... It's hard for me to believe you have an Win98 bootable CD ...
          I think it's bootable

It has drivers and CAB files

Comment

Originally posted by Flying spiders View Post
            I think it's bootable

It has drivers and CAB files
            That's not enough, dude ...
            Check it by trying to boot a physical machine from it... If it will boot, then you're on the right wave... If not, then you'll need on of those disks... Bootdisk.com it's a good place to search...
            Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

That's not enough, dude ...
              Check it by trying to boot a physical machine from it... If it will boot, then you're on the right wave... If not, then you'll need on of those disks... Bootdisk.com it's a good place to search...
              Good luck.
              Thanks very much

Comment

Gladly.
                It will be nice if you could update the forum about the outcome.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Computer didn't boot from the disc

Hmmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                  X