My dynamically expanding disk doesn't

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dynamically expanding disk doesn't

I'm running Virtual PC under Vista. I have set up a VM running XP, & I set it with a dynamically expanding disk. I thought that it would expand - but it seems to have a limit of 5G (I don't remember the details of setting it up but I expect I set that limit then). I want to install s/w that requires 18G & it won't install because of lack of HDD space. I don't see how to make my virtual HDD bigger.

Re: My dynamically expanding disk doesn't

Solution is here - s/w & blog explains diskpart's role

http://vmtoolkit.com/blogs/announcem...available.aspx

Comment

10nx, flybynight, for both the solution and the cool and nice looking tool
      Aren't you curious to know where the problem comes from? Was it a VM setting issue?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Well thats a GREAT tool.If you want to do the equivalent with VMware you have to use the command line and then resize the disc with a 3rd party app like Acronis or Partition Magic (unless your using Vista or Windows 200. Going to ask a silly question thats off topic.. Does this work with .vmdk formats?

Comment

The first answer that comes to my mind to your question is: "For support for 3rd party applications, please contact their respective sites", like is stated in the forum rules.
          I don't believe the tool will work with VMDK files, since it was written for Microsoft virtualization products.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X