Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

host os getting disconnected from the network once the virtual machine load process s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• host os getting disconnected from the network once the virtual machine load process s

Hi techies,

Terminologies used
    ------------------
    Local system
    Host Os
    Guest Os

I am connecting to a windows 2003 Server(Host os) from my local system.The host os has virtual pc installed in it.When i run the vitual pc and start a virtual machine( windows 2003 server - Guest os) the connection between my local system and the host os is lost.

Please help...Looking forward for ur support.

Thank you,
    Mathews

Re: host os getting disconnected from the network once the virtual machine load proce

How is the network in VirtualPC configured for this machine?
    How long the connection to the host is lost? And how do you restore it?
    What version of Server2003 are you running?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Re: host os getting disconnected from the network once the virtual machine load proce

sorry... In my previous most i forgot to mention that the host os(win 2003 server standard edition ) is a virtual machine on some remote server.This is the server in which my virtual pc is running.

so wat i am trying to do is connect to the remote virtual machine.then run the virtual pc and start the second virtual machine on top of the already mentioned first virtual machine.

This is the first time i am working with the virtual machines.I will try to answer ur questions but not sure how well i can do that.

Coming to ur Questions
      -----------------------------
      1)How is the network in VirtualPC configured for this machine?

......I am not sure as to what the configuration is.How can i check the configuration and how should the configuration be in the above scenario.

2)How long the connection to the host is lost? And how do you restore it?

The host os is located at some remote place and got it up the first time with the help of tech support.

3)What version of Server2003 are you running?

both the host and guest os are windows server 2003 standrad edition.The Vpc and vhd files were creates and provided to me.

Thanks and regards,
      Mathews

Comment

Dude...
        You have a virtual machine running in VirtualPC, installed in a machine that is virtual by itself ?!?! Why would you do such a thing ?!?!
        I don't think that this should work at all ...
        If you already have some virtualization solution, then use it for the second machine also...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Thanks Dude...

That happened coz of some misundersatnding.....Wil try with the single image....

Comment

Cool...
            Good luck!

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
            X