Lost connection after re-boot

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost connection after re-boot

Hi all,

I have one PC with "virtual server 2005 R2 SP1" installed

I setup 2 x virtual machines and a virtual network, everything works great I can use RDP (terminal services) to access both machines and VMRC to control them both. But when I reboot the machine I cannot connect to the two virtual machines, when I go and check them the virtual network cards have gone!

The two virtual machines are running and the configuration looks fine

Any ideas anyone?

Re: Lost connection after re-boot

When you say the Virtual network cards are gone, do you mean they have been removed from the properties of the VM?

Does this happen with a newly created VM or just the current 2?

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Lost connection after re-boot

Hi m80arm,

Yes they have gone from the network connection panel on the VM's but are still in configuration on VS admin screen.

I initially happened afte I first setup VS and then two VM's, tested everythig and all was OK, re-booted and the network cards had gone off both VM's, I then tried all sorts of things to get it to work and eventually removed VS, re-installed and made two new VM's, all was OK again until the first re-boot after testing them, then they no longer had network cards again.

In the network section in the admin screens it shows the VM's have network adapters (shared for the single NIC of the PC), the virtual network looks OK and have the two VNIC's attached (dymanic MAC's)

All looks OK but no connection, no ping, no RDP no nothing!

P.S. It will not even connect via VMRC but I know if I fiddle with settings, i.e. remove / re-install VNIC's I can get that working, but if it's like last time I will not be able to get both VNIC's working at same time without re-install.