Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to RDP using Virtual Server 2005 from host Machine to VM using hostname.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to RDP using Virtual Server 2005 from host Machine to VM using hostname.

Hello Team,

1. I just installed Win2k3 on Virtual server 2005 R2 After I installed the server OS i was able to RDP using the hostname "alpha" but when i made this server a DC, I was unable to RDP to it from host machine using the name"alpha" but i am still able to RDP using the IP address any ideas what is causing this?

2. I am unable to join the domain using the new domain that I created on virtual machine on server 2k3 when I try to add my host machine XP Pro OS to the domain, it gives me the error "server is unable to process this operation"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx,
    Aamir

Re: Unable to RDP using Virtual Server 2005 from host Machine to VM using hostname.

Check the DNS on virtual DC.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Unable to RDP using Virtual Server 2005 from host Machine to VM using hostname.

DNS on DC is configured to be itself for primary DNS and secondary is the gatway router IP but still no go? any other idea or specefic pointers that i should look at?

Comment

Add a host file entry for the new server on your workstation or start using it as your primary dns server.

Once you do this you should be able to join the domain, assuming the IP of the server is in your broadcast domain.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Fantastic, adding server to host file on workstation worked like a charm had completely forgotton about this file, thank you.....

Comment

Working...
          X