Virtual Server administration website not displaying properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Server administration website not displaying properly

Hi all! I just installed MS Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 on my 64-bit Vista Ultimate machine. It was a completely fresh install of the OS with no additional software installed. I configured IIS then installed MSVS, which went fine. I then tried to launch the admin website, logged in, and the page returned javascript errors and displayed no styling. Any help?

Re: Virtual Server administration website not displaying properly

Have you tried to add the site to the Trusted Sites zone?
    How are you accessing the site, by using localhost?
    I never worked in the set-up you have, so cannot tell you for sure.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

I tried adding it to the trusted sites and am using localhost to access the admin website. Still no luck....There is no styling or images on the page and I am getting javascript errors. In addition, none of the links work.

Comment

I got it working...

I figured I must be missing something with IIS (because I had VS2005 installed on this machine earlier today before I reloaded the OS), so I went into Control Panel --> Programs and Features --> Windows Features and basically installed every possible IIS feature. I have no clue which one I was missing.

I'm a little irritated because I was trying to keep this system "bare bones", having as little loaded as possible and running all software through the virtual machines I will be setting up. I bought the book "Professional Microsoft Virtual Server 2005" by Ben Armstrong and followed his instructions for installing VS2005 verbatim (including his instructions on installing the proper IIS components for Vista). Oh well, hopefully the rest of the book doesn't miss more critical requirements.

Anyways, thanks so much for trying to help me get this resolved!

Comment

Well, if you want a "bare bone" Virtual Server, that you should consider VMRC+.
          Nice tool that allows you to manage a Virtual Server without need of IIS.
          Give it a try and tell us the outcome.
          Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
            Well, if you want a "bare bone" Virtual Server, that you should consider VMRC+.
            Nice tool that allows you to manage a Virtual Server without need of IIS.
            Give it a try and tell us the outcome.
            Good luck.
            Exactly! No need to have IIS on a VS2005 machine if you can use VMRC+.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X