Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCVMM P2V Error 2944

Hi, everyone.

Scenario: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2, with SCVMM trial version (build 1.0.2626.0) installed on it. Part of an AD. Added two hosts and I see their virtual machines.
    I am trying to do a P2V conversion using SCVMM, and I get stuck all the time in the same step: Making operating system virtualizable. I get P2V: Error (2944): VMM is unable to complete the requested operation because the server name "[host name]" could not be resolved.
    I ran nslookup [servername] and it got resolved. I ping the host from the machine, and it replies . I also checked the DNS settings, they are as they should be.
    Did not find anything relevant on the Web.
    Any ideas?
    TIA.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Re: SCVMM P2V Error 2944

Talking through a hole in my head, have you tried using the FQDN of the server (or its IP )?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: SCVMM P2V Error 2944

Actually, I don't have that much of a choice...
      The whole process is wizard-driven, that creates a PowerShell script that is not editable or available somewhere to run it manually. The server name is the same that is shown in the "Hosts" list, and it is set in the moment I add the host to SCVMM console.

Solution: problem solved. The "felon" was the trial version of SCVMM. In the moment I installed the final version, all P2V conversions terminated OK.
      Last edited by sorinso; 16th August 2008, 17:42.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X