Cannot Load Os In Virtual Pc 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Load Os In Virtual Pc 2007

I am pretty new to this. I've got the virtual PC on my system but have been unable to load the OS. I get to the page where it says:

CLIENT MAC ADDR: 00 03 FF 05 68 F9 GUID: CEEE5C76-0CBB-1645-8330-624F87CB091D

DHCP..../

After the slash finishes spinning, it goes to "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device".

I have inserted the CD with windows xp several times and hit Reset and I keep getting the same result. What am I doing wrong? I'm really needing someone to walk me through the process. I have yahoo, gmail, and hotmail instant messengers if that'll be easier to help me get this installed. I'm lost right now.

Re: Cannot Load Os In Virtual Pc 2007

Thomasis,

Please read the forum rules:

http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=25

2) No double posting

Not here. Post once, wait for an answer. Do NOT post your "very important" question on more than one forum, and never post the same question again. If you have new issues regarding your "old" question - just follow your first thread and post to it. Members that cannot understand this simple rule will be banned.
    You have two weeks to think about it. This thread will be left open for other members to respond.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thomasis, the gods are smiling on you today. I have revoked your 2 week ban as I believe it may have been caused by a browser hang. If you ever make an accidental double post, make a mention of it in the thread or PM the Forum Moderator letting them know you have made a mistake and ask them to fix it.

If this was not caused by a browser problem and we get another double post, then M80arm will be enforcing an even longer ban. This is for all to take note of.

Finally, I must thank Michael (m80arm) for spotting the double post and acting on it so quickly. It is due to the diligence of our Forum Moderators who provide their time so generously that this site is kept clear of unwanted double posts and spam.

Thank you all!! :milo:
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Trust me, it was an accident. I went back to add something to my post and when I posted my question/dillema, I noticed there were 2 postings. Believe me, it was an honest mistake.

Comment

Now to your problem. Have you mounted the physical CD so it can be used in the virtual environment? If the virtual PC can't detect the physical CD ROM drive, then how is it going to install the software.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Also, are you using "Physical Drive x:\" (x replaces your CD-ROM drive letter)

Comment

No, I havn't mounted the physical CD because I do not know how to do that. This is the first I've heard this. It's why I asked if someone had an instant messenger so they could walk me through the process.

Comment

Do you have the official CD?

Comment

No. Do I need an official copy for it to work?

Comment

No, you may use an ISO file too. best way to find some is at www.isohunt.com. You need a torrent like BitComet.

I ran like 6 OS's using ISO files.

Comment

What exactly am I looking for? Windows XP? I see a few of them. Where do I download it too? When I go into the download, do I just click run or do I save the download to a particular place?

Comment

You DO need an "Official Copy", from Microsoft, to run XP in a virtual machine. That is why Microsoft print, in VERY CLEAR LETTERING, on ALL their disks...

DO NOT MAKE ILLEGAL COPIES OF THIS DISK

You also need one licence key per virtual machine.

Tom
                        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

To make things clear:

You need a copy of the OS. On these forums we only discuss legal stuff, therefore, the copy you need must be legal. What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business, we don't want to know, so don't ask and don't tell us.

As long as you are here, you will only use official and legally owned software, and that's it.

Understood?
                          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

You make it seem like I'm into piracy or something. The told you I was brand new to this period. Computers. Everything. When I said 'no' it was not an "official" copy, what I was referring to was that I did not go to the store and by it. But as I got the copy I have from the network administrator here, I could only assume it was an "official copy". I have no issue whatsoever with going out and buying the full version. I came to this group hoping to get a solution....some answers to the problem I was having in getting the program to work. But I have gotten almost nothing but a negative tone in responses to my issue. Take for example when I made my original post. I didn't even realize I made a double post, but look at how quick someone jumped on me like I was a child and telling me about the rules of the site and how I'd be banned for 2 weeks. I read the rules and was quite aware of them. Why would I want to submit a post saying the same thing anyway? Then to the last post that you sent. You make it seem like I engage in illegal activities. I was having an issue and I came to you, some experienced experts, for assistance; some positive, HONEST, assistance. The response I've gotten has for the most part been anything but.

Comment

Thomasis,

If you have read the forum rules you should be aware that illegal copies are not allowed in here.
                              The warning is not just for you but also for VPCSquad500.
                              He was the quy who recommended to use illegal copies via bittorent.
                              You can create you're own iso files from you're own cd's when you need it to.
                              Marcel
                              Technical Consultant
                              Netherlands
                              http://www.phetios.com
                              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                              X