Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot acces virtual server administration website

Hello,

I am having problem opening virtual server administration website. When I click on it, a window pops up that requires authentication, asking for user name and password. I am running XP Pro SP2 with administrator account. I didn't have password set, but since I couldn't log on, I created it, thinking I need to have one, but still no success.

Can someone tell me what do I need to type as user name and password. I installed Virtual server because I think it can help me in learning windows server, and how to do basic tasks in it. Is this the right tool for learning? I still want to have access to WinXP, sine when I install fresh windows server together with XP (dual boot), I often need to restart to use something in XP which I cannot install in win2003. So I thought having them both at the same time will be easier to handle.

Thanks,
    Goran
    Last edited by Goran07; 19th September 2007, 00:41.

Re: Cannot acces virtual server administration website

If you open IE and check TOOLS -> INTERNET OPTIONS -> SECURITY TAB -> CUSTOM LEVEL -> Scroll down to the very botton under the "Logon" label and make sure it's "Automatically logon with current username and password"

Let us know how you get on

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hmmm. I have already set that, but since I use firefox, I still couldnt login. But I have just tried to login with IE, and I did. Do you knos how to set firefox to not ask for password?

Thanks,
      Goran

Comment

I tried (Briefly) to get Firefox to work with Virtual Server but never could.

Why not look at installing VMRCPlus. It's a much better way of managing and controlling VM's:

https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...displaylang=en

I use it instead of IE and can definately recommend it.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks, Michael, I will try it

Goran

Comment

Originally posted by Goran07 View Post
            Hmmm. I have already set that, but since I use firefox, I still couldnt login. But I have just tried to login with IE, and I did. Do you knos how to set firefox to not ask for password?

Thanks,
            Goran
            It's not the browser asking for the password it's the application.

If you want to use Firefox and still use your VSAdmin website, get a Firefox add-in called "IETab". This allows you (a) to open tabs using the IE engine within a Firefox window, and (b) to set certain websites which ALWAYS open with the IE engine. It also has a nice feature where you can "switch" to the other engine while already on a website; handy for checking how a site you're building displays in the two different browsers.

I should be clear; although you're using Firefox's front end to browse with, the website in an IE Tab is being displayed using Internet Explorer IN FULL. So - if you have proxies etc you must open IE to set it corrently before you can use IE tabs to browse the 'net.
            Last edited by Stonelaughter; 19th September 2007, 20:42.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
            X