VS 2005 R2 SP1 Permissions Error After Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS 2005 R2 SP1 Permissions Error After Install

I figure this has to be a permissions error but I have checked NTFS, Permissions in IIS Manager and I can't see anything wrong.

Using the server's IP gets the same results as using its name......the below image.

The physical server it is installed on is a DC (no other choice) running Windows 2003 Server R2 SP2, 3GB RAM, 80GB RAID1 for the O/S and 4 x 250 in a RAID 5 for data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	virtualservererror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	467806

The answer has go to be real simple. Reputation Points for whoever provides the answer.

Ta.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: VS 2005 R2 SP1 Permissions Error After Install

Who are you logged onto the server as and what permissions do they have?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Administrator,
      Domain Admins,
      Enterprise Admins
      Schema Admins
      etc etc

I is on as the Big Cheese.

I am beginning the think this particular server has been messed around with by the school IT Coordinator and he has been doing things without telling me. The little turd is using the server as his personal "workstation". Time for a password change and lock out a certain L user.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi there.
        With a simple search in google i found this:

Link

See if it works.

Cheers,

Comment

Thanks clviper, but I suppose I should have mentioned I had looked at that KB as well as the dozen or so others I had tried and a plethera of other sites that showed results for that search string.

However KB887491 appears interesting as it is mentioned by a MS developer/manager as a solution to his problem (which is the same as mine). Only problem now is that KB887491 is "temporarily" unavailable but they are working as quickly as possible to get is back up.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X