Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unrecoverable processor error trying to install active directory!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unrecoverable processor error trying to install active directory!!

I'm running server 2000 on virtual pc. Everything seems to be working fine I can share files with my host computer and also with a another computer. The problem is when I try to install active directory I get an (unrecoverable processor error system will now reset). What is causing the error? Can someone please help!! Also the new domain I'm creating is a child domain. When I go to the parent domain I can see where a trust has been formed between the two domains; but when I go to the virtual pc the active directory didn't complete for the child domain.

Thanks In Advance

aslaton

host system specs:
    p4 3.2 dual core
    2gig ram
    Windows xp pro sp2
    Last edited by aslaton; 12th August 2007, 01:16.

Re: unrecoverable processor error trying to install active directory!!

Could you please try to look in the VM's event viewer for specific (or any) errors, and/or at least paste the EXACT error message you're getting.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Here are the errors in event viewer right after the unrecoverable processor error:

1. The Kerberos Key Distribution Center service terminated with the following error:
      The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.

2. The computer or domain ATLACME1-DD71ED trusts domain ATL. (This may be an indirect trust.) However, ATLACME1-DD71ED and ATL have the same machine security identifier (SID). NT should be re-installed on either ATLACME1-DD71ED or ATL.

3. No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain ATL. The following error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

The DC is acme1.com I'm trying to make a child domain called atl.acme1.com. Again when I go to acme1.com I see the trust formed; but still no progress. At first I thought I couldn't install active directory on virtual pc at all; but I went back to virtual pc 2005 and it worked fine.

Last thing do you know of a guide where I can get step by step instructions on setting up a server client environment using server 2000; I keep running into a lot of problems

Thanks

aslaton

Comment

Did you, by any chance, clone the virtual machines instead of installing them from scratch?

You do NOT clone machines, especially not servers. If you want to save time by cloning machines (VM or real), you MUST run SYSPREP.

Look for SYSPREP on my site for more info on that.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X