Download VMRC Plus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download VMRC Plus

As noted below this is now officially released...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
    Originally posted by http://blogs.technet.com/aralves/archive/2007/06/28/manage-your-virtual-server-machines-with-vmrc-plus.aspx

What does VMRCplus offer?
    • Direct control of local or remote instances of the Virtual Server service. IIS and IE browser are no longer required!
    • Tabbed interface to quickly jump between Virtual Server hosts and guest VMRC sessions.
    • Reusable saved states: this feature allows users to preserve a particular saved state and return to that state at any time.
    • Multiple guest selection supported for startup/shutdown/save/display.
    • Browse button navigation for media, hard disk images, ISO images, .VMC files, etc.
    • Drag and Drop support for .VMC files, ISO's images, VHD and VFD files.
    • Resizable desktop support for guests running Virtual Machine Additions (maximize VMRC window supported).
    • Limited cut and paste of text from host to guest (only).
    • A built-in utility to take JPG screenshots of running guests. Useful when filing bugs.
    • Built-in error notification with Virtual Server event log viewer.
    • A Virtual Networks Manager and Virtual Disks Manager that cover all features.
    • Keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl-S to save state a guest).
    • Create multiple guests at once.
    • Create guest from parent (or multiple guests)!
    • Automatic reconnect to a designated Virtual Server host.
    • Toolbars in both Guest and Console Manager for quick access.
    • Unlimited number of guests.
    • Maximum of 32 Virtual Server hosts.
    • Sorting on columns of guests so you can sort based on status and multi-select.
    • Automatic detection of Virtual Machine Additions and notification.
    • Detection of Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1.
    Last edited by ahinson; 3rd July 2007, 07:28. Reason: Added official URL
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Download VMRC Plus

Good catch!
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

It looks like it is now a public release. And there is a blog dedicated to it.

http://blogs.technet.com/matthts/
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Now I only need to wait for the P2V converter and the mechanism of importing VMWare machines and I can start my VirtualWorld adventure

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
        In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -
        «««««

Comment

Anyone used this yet?

I installed it on my laptop hoping to connect to my main desktop which runs Virtual Server (Not in a domain). Whenever I connect to the IP address I get Access Denied error message (I'll post this when I get home)

Does anyone know if this works only in a domain environment?

Thanks

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
            Anyone used this yet?

I installed it on my laptop hoping to connect to my main desktop which runs Virtual Server (Not in a domain). Whenever I connect to the IP address I get Access Denied error message (I'll post this when I get home)

Does anyone know if this works only in a domain environment?

Thanks

Michael
            I just tried it from a workstation (no domain) and indeed no connect

A quick peek in to the help file.....
            VMRCplus can manage a workgroup server when installed locally on the host.

Management of remote workgroup servers however is not possible. The Virtual Server COM API does not provide a form of ‘connect as’ when connecting to a remote host.

VMRCplus should be used in a trust scenario with both the VMRCplus host and the remote hosts in the same forest.
            I suppose this will be one of the first new features in the future. I sure hope it is, as installing a stand alone Virtual server, not in a domain, is very common.
            "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
              I just tried it from a workstation (no domain) and indeed no connect

A quick peek in to the help file.....

I suppose this will be one of the first new features in the future. I sure hope it is, as installing a stand alone Virtual server, not in a domain, is very common.
              Excellant...

Thanks for the information
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk
              MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

Comment

I have it on my laptop (no domain) and on my server (no domain) and I can work just fine.

Locally.

When I try to connect my laptop to the other VS I get an access denied message.
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                  I have it on my laptop (no domain) and on my server (no domain) and I can work just fine.

Locally.

When I try to connect my laptop to the other VS I get an access denied message.
                  Yep, and it looks like it will remain that way.
                  Keep an eye on that blog for an explanation coming soon.
                  oh well, too bad.

Comment

Just an update; the following was posted on the blog
                    Some things will never be in VMRCplus. For example workgroup support (management of non-domain joined hosts) and support for different credentials. Basically these are related and the possibilities are limited by the Virtual Server architecture. I will write a separate article on that.

Comment

An update:

Virtual Machine Remote Control Client Plus (VMRCplus) v1.7 is available:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playlang=en&tm
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thank you oh great, wise and wonderful one.
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Daniel,

I've been trying to find what changes they have made to the new version, any idea's?

Michael
                          Michael Armstrong
                          www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Well, didn't find much: http://blogs.technet.com/matthts/arc...ad-center.aspx

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
                            In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                            -
                            «««««

Comment

Working...
                            X