Virtual PC System Requirements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual PC System Requirements

I really want to get into setting up a virtual server and PC domain for testing. The problem is that I want to be able to do this all from the same computer. My question is what type of computer would you really need in order for this to run smoothly.

My thinking was that I would get a 64bit OS with 4 megs of ram and a 10,000k hard drive. Right now with the current computer that I have everything comes to a crawl when I start just one server up. Can someone tell me what type of Computer System they are using and what I should get?

Thanks,
    Joey

Re: Virtual PC System Requirements

I am running up to 4 VMs on my laptop that has "just" one Centrino 2Ghz CPU and 2 GB of RAM. And they run fine.

I would look for specfic hardware tuning and try to see where your OS is not configured correctly, as what you describe is not normal.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Virtual PC System Requirements

Can you tell me what setting you have set in the Virtual PC software. Any changes that I make really don't seem to help. I can make the host PC fast but that only makes the Virtual PC slower (Really Slow).

Thanks,
      Joey

Comment

Working...
      X