CD/DVD Drive issues in Virtual Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD/DVD Drive issues in Virtual Server

Just FYI, I wanted to share a tip I have found with anyone out there who might be having the same issue in MS Virtual Server 2005.

When I have a mounted ISO file as a CD/DVD drive, if I change the ISO file to a different ISO file while the VM is running, the VM doesn't recognize the new ISO file. Instead, it thinks that the old ISO file is still mounted.

Here is the fix-
    -Change that CD/DVD drive to "no media" in the MS VS web interface & apply it
    -Change that CD/DVD drive to the new ISO file in the MS VS web interface & apply it
    - go back to the VM that didn't recognize the new CD/DVD ISO file and refresh "My Computer". You should see the new CD/DVD as being now inserted

If you have any Virtual Server tips and tricks, please share them here! Or, if you have MS VS Questions, feel free to ask them here!

Thanks,
    David
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Re: CD/DVD Drive issues in Virtual Server

Thanks.

That is a little better than what I was doing, which was saving the state of the VM and re starting it.

Any idea why this is happening and what can be done to remedy the situation?

Rgds.

Comment

As an aside, I have experienced the same problem with VMWare Server.

Comment

If you use VMRC Plus you dont get this issue:

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/d...VMRC-Plus.aspx

Personally I prefer using this rather than the web version supplied with VS

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi - I had slightly different problems with the CD drive after using some ISO software. I tried everything without success and then came across this post. VMRC fixed the problem.

Thanks Michael!

www.mtechnical.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X