Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vm customization using VDI

Hi,

We are using Windows Server 2012 , Hyper V and RDS Roles are installed...Now I have recently create 2 new vm using Virtual Desktop Session host option inside Remoter Desktop Services role.

Now , My question is , I want to install 2 new software and want to get it updated on this 2 new VDI , I created recently. So , Is it possible using VDI Upgrade process such as Citrix Xen Desktop .

Or Do i need to create totally new VDI Everytime , when i am installing and removing any software on Master Image.

Thanks..

Re: vm customization using VDI

Hi ,

Is it possible with RDS VDI windows 2012 or not...

As in VMWare and Citrix its there...

Thanks

Comment

a) Just because something is in Citrix, it doesn't mean it has to be in Microsoft
      b) Please do NOT bounce your posts - you have been a member long enough to know that is against the rules
      c) Why don't you tell us what you have actually DONE to try to solve the problem instead of asking us to do your research for you

Personally, given your many recent posts, I would recommend passing all your problems onto a competent network administrator or a consultant
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

Do I need to create VDI a new machine when every time if I want to install additional software in master image or is it possible to update it master image and it can be push inside the existing vdi systems ...

I search on google but I found no information on this

https://www.google.co.in/?gfe_rd=cr&...ws+server+2012

http://blogs.technet.com/b/yungchou/...explained.aspx

Thank you...

Comment

You were warned before about bouncing posts - you will get an answer when someone has the time and/or expertise to do so. You won't be able to reply until your temporary ban is up
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
            Hi ,

Do I need to create VDI a new machine when every time if I want to install additional software in master image or is it possible to update it master image and it can be push inside the existing vdi systems ...

I search on google but I found no information on this

https://www.google.co.in/?gfe_rd=cr&...ws+server+2012

http://blogs.technet.com/b/yungchou/...explained.aspx

Thank you...
            Pushing out additional applications to VDI will depend on the type of applications such as whether they are accessed via a website, local install, virtual and so on. For VDI workstations including RDSH, we tend to push out software that requires a local install via SCCM. This reduces the size of the Gold image template (Master Image). For the Gold image template, we would inject Microsoft and Windows updates into it offline but doesn't necessarily need to be done as SCCM would handle this anyway. You do have the choice to install software to the Gold image template and make other changes and then re-deploy VDI workstations. Whether you can depends on whether you roam user profiles and redirect folders and whether they could lose other customisations.

So in your case, you can update the master image as in the template used to deploy from and then would have to re-deploy otherwise, rollout the software via another method; Group Policy, SCCM, VDI solution features etc.

Comment

Working...
            X