Xenapp 6.5 users not showing desktop icons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenapp 6.5 users not showing desktop icons

So, I've been tasked with testing our software with Citrix's Xenapp. It should be noted that I'm not the person who set up the Xenapp server or environment, it was just handed off to me.

I have a couple of desktops set up and there are admin and user accounts that were set up before I got it. When I use the "Install Application on Remote Desktop Server" to create a new app install, when it is completed, it shows up on the desktop (and start menu, if I so choose) of one of my profiles, but no others. Even though during the setup I specified to include a shortcut on both the desktop and in the start menu, it's only for that one user. I'll show you what I mean.

The first pic is the one with the shortcuts, the second without. The one icon on the second picture is because placing a desktop shortcut is part of the installation process for that program.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: Xenapp 6.5 users not showing desktop icons

OK, I've made a discovery. With the profile that can see the icons, it prompts me to log in again after it gets to the desktop. After you log in the second time, whatever changes you made on the server are displayed. The other user accounts (both user and admin level) don't prompt to log on a second time, so they aren't showing any changes. Help this info helps someone.

Comment

Thanks for posting the solution.

Comment

Well, I don't have a solution yet. I'm convinced the problem lies with the type of plugin used, but even using the CBT Nuggets and reading Citrix documentation (which SUCKS, btw), I am still unable to get this to work. I would like to be using the Citrix Online Plugin on the published desktops, but Citrix Receiver keeps loading up.

I'm guessing nobody around here uses XenApp. Anyone know of any good forums of people who do?

Comment

NOW I have a solution. It turns out, the issue was profile-related. Apparently the guy who set up the accounts to begin with used them to log into the desktops, but only entered the URL of the server web site when prompted by the Receiver for the one account. Since I couldn't find how to add the URL, I deleted all profiles save for the admin1, recreated their AD accounts and logged in each one, making sure to enter the URL when prompted.

Hopefully next time they want me to support a new tech, they'll let me install it from the ground up. While I am still capable of error, at least I'll know what was done initially.

Comment

Working...
          X