Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XenServer NAS Device (NFS)

Hello all!

I am looking to use the XenServer hypervisor (which is now free) and I am searching for an inexpensive NAS Solution to have for storage.

I need it to function in both XenServer world and the Windows world for mapping of Home folders, etc.

I have researched ISCSi and the more I read the more confused I am. Since the products seem to start around $2k I can't pick up one to learn on.

I am considering running a test vm of FreeNas to test it, but for my production network I need to do things right.

Thanks for any advice!

Hobie

Re: XenServer NAS Device (NFS)

You could try the IOMEGA products

http://go.iomega.com/en-us/products/.../?partner=4760
    or
    http://go.iomega.com/en-us/products/.../?partner=4760
    Maish
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
    VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
    MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
    A proud husband and father of 3 girls
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, they seem like they might work.

I am hoping someone here will have experience with XenServer and ISCSI devices so I will know for sure they will work before buying a device.

Thanks,
      Hobie

Comment

Providing the NAS device supports NFS and the /export file parameters are configured correctly almost any device will do. I use a Netgear ReadyNAS NV+. The NFS protocol is the same from one device to the next and the LUNS are presented as IP based storage. This should be no diffrent for Xenserver. I only use it for storing .iso's in ESX and NOT for production or dev use for Virtual Machines.

Comment

Working...
        X