No announcement yet.

Testing of virtual machines in ESX

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing of virtual machines in ESX

Do you have procedure to test virtual machine performance under ESX 3.5?
    We have a POC on ESX 3.5 with Virtual Center Server. We have 2x DL380G5 server with 8GB ram and Dual CPU(Quad Core) each.

I'm looking for a simple tool to test the performance(e.g. response times of web, swl, file server) of virtual machines. We will be using the same tool when we evaluate XenServer of Citrix.

Re: Testing of virtual machines in ESX

I don't have a universal tool for load testing everything but there are tools available for testing individual components or subsystems. Examples would be multiple tools available for simulating Citrix loads, iometer for testing the handling of disk i/o throughput, as well as some tools availabilt to stress test IIS web servers. I don't have specifics on the tool names and locations right now but I have them downloaded at home and use them occassionally. IOMETER is the only one I remember the name of and you should be able to google that. It is a tool commonly used to test SANs, iSCSI, and to some extent database performance. Another good load test I have is my end users

This was my 1,000th post. Yahoo.
    Last edited by jasonboche; 16th July 2008, 17:59. Reason: This was my 1,000th post. Yahoo.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.