No announcement yet.

Interesting things about Hyper-V

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting things about Hyper-V

I am preparing for a presentation on Hyper-V with a classmate. Our instructor expect us to present for at least 20 minutes, despite the fact that even he doesn't think there is so much information. Any ideas what we could present about? We have two laptops, 6 and 4 gigs of RAM... thank you for any suggestions.

Re: Interesting things about Hyper-V

What are you expected to talk about?

Choose a section of Hyper-V and talk about that in detail. I.e. Networking and how it works inside the hypervisor.

20 minutes... easy...
      The MS courses that include hyperv modules expect at least an hour

Do you want to go for breadth or depth?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

You good gear around showing an element of Hyper-V that maybe meets some business requirements you make up as a requirement. Not sure what course you have been doing but I would expected that you need to demonstrate knowledge of the product that has been covered. Also, thinking about the target audience, do they wish to have PowerPoint slides versus a demonstration of the Product as in hands-on. Again, I don't know what kind of course you are on.

I often find it good to talk about features that relate to real world problems as oppose to it becoming a sales talk.