Hyper-V Not Connecting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V Not Connecting

I have checked and double checked that every thing in the bios is enabled. I even went to programs and features to make sure every thing was marked and loaded.
    When ever I go to connect or start I get the message that my hypervisor is not running. I am lost on what to do next. I hope someone will have an answer for me.

Thank you

Re: Hyper-V Not Connecting

when you try to start a guest, or connect to the display on the guest, it tells you hypervisor is not enabled/started?

are all the HYperV services started ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Screenshot of the error message would help.

What Hyper-V version is installed and what hardware is it installed on?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Ditto Biggles and Tehcamel.

Just to note, in the BIOS, not only does virtualization support need to be enable but also Data Execution Prevention. So make sure that's set.

Also check the event logs. You should see an error with more detail explaining why the hypervisor isn't running.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Solved, My DEP was not enabled. Somehow I missed it. In my bios it is called execute disable bit. Thank you all for the help.

Comment

Thanks for posting back and letting us know you fixed it and what the solution was. Much appreciated.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X