No announcement yet.

Cannot find mount point windows 2008

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find mount point windows 2008

I have just taken over a small network to support and cannot get my head around with one thing.
    We have 2 Hyper-v servers with iSCSI storage clustered. All Cluster Disks in Storage in Failover Cluster Manager points to a folder on the C drive (C:\ClusterStorage\Volume1 \Volume2 etc) but I just cannot find the place where those iSCSI volumes are actually mapped to those folders (In Disc manager Change Drive Letter for iSCSI volumes is blank and there is no shortcuts to volumes in C:\ClusterStorage\Volume1 folders) so I cannot unmount them. I have figured out which volume for which folder, but still dont understand how it works.
    Also we have one VHD file mounted as H drive but I just cannot find how its mounted (just figured out it points to VHD), in Disk Manager its called "Msft Virtual Disk SCSI Disk Device".

Hope it makes sense.

Re: Cannot find mount point windows 2008

Go to Control Panel and look for your iSCSI Initiator. That's the software which connects the server to the clustered iSCSI storage. For each volume shared on the iSCSI target (storage device), you'll see a separate line item in the iSCSI initiator window with the word 'Connected' next to it. Each of those represents a connected drive in your Storage Manager window. They won't have drive letters, tho, because neither host server has exclusive access. For clustered resources, they'll be listed as CSVDFS drives. The clustering allows more than one server to access the same targets at one time, so that if one host PC fails, the other can take over without you having to take any action.

The C:\ drive representation you see in Explorer is how the drive contents are presented to you so you can access the shared area.
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **