Error when performing Storage migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when performing Storage migration

Hi,I have two hyper-v 2012 Host in a cluster.I moved my vm via storage migration to the cluster shared volume.in the middle it stops with an error regarding login failure but, I saw that it moved the vhd file. unfortunately, it didn't move the rest of the file (configuration, snapshot). I made the machine highly available via the failover cluster role wizard but, still the location didn't changed.So, I did move storage from failover cluster manager and I got this error"an error occurred while moving the virtual machine error.error code 0x80071024Provider is not capable of the attempted operation.I searched the web and didn't found anything on this.Please Help ThanksMoshe

Re: Error when performing Storage migration

Silly question: was the VM being moved a DC, and is it the only DC in your setup (at the moment)? If so, that's almost certainly the problem. Any interruption with the DC could cause the authentication failure.

If your DC is on-line and working, and the hosts are members of the domain (must be, for the cluster), and the cluster validation tests worked when you set up the cluster, the storage move should just work.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Hi Rick, thanks for the replay.
      The vim wasn't a DC, it was am Exchange server.
      I found a solution for the problem.
      I mention that I got a log in failure error while doing storage migration.
      The solution was to add the security group "NT Virtual Machine\virtual machine to the log in as a service user right in the local security server via group policy.
      The following link helped me with the solution
      http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/a...rver-2012.aspx
      Of curse I did it for all of my servers.

Thanks
      Moshe.

Comment

We appreciate your posting your solution. Glad you fixed it.
        *RicklesP*
        MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

You welcome

Comment

As mentioned, thanks for posting back and will be found useful to others.

Comment

Working...
            X