DSM version cluster validation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSM version cluster validation

Hi, I'm running cluster validation on 2 host windows server 2012.I get only this error:Versions of DSM named Microsoft DSM, installed on nodes host1 and host2 do not matchkindly provide solution for the above issue.how to fix the issue , where to update the DSM version correctly on the both the nodesThanksMoshe

Re: DSM version cluster validation

Initially I would look at the versions of 2012 installed on the 2 hosts. If either one is installed or patched differently to the other, that's where you start--make sure both servers have an identical build.

Also double-check that both hosts can talk to the central storage solution (NAS/SAN/Storage Server). If you're using a 3rd-party SAN, i.e. Dell, then both servers have to have the Host Integration Toolkit (HIT kit) installed.

Bottom line, make the 2 hosts as identical builds except for machine name and IP info.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the help.
      If the servers are not the same version hardware, is it effecting the DSM version?

Thanks
      Moshe

Comment

BTW it's a VNX 5100

Comment

Are your hosts connected and talking to the same volumes on the storage before the test is run? Are the drivers and firmware on the interface cards the same for both hosts?

And yes, ideally you want the host cluster member servers to be as close to the same chipset/hardware revision as possible. We just set up a cluster with Dell 2950 servers, and found 1 out of 4 wouldn't validate because it was a different revision mainboard to the others. Microsoft stress having the hardware/firmware/driver mix be as close as possible, and won't support any calls for support of the OS if the cluster validation fails.
          *RicklesP*

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Hi,Updating the hosts to the last updates resolved the DSM problem.Thanks for the help.Moshe

Comment

You're welcome!
              *RicklesP*

Comment

Working...
              X