Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learn more about hyper-v (split from backup thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn more about hyper-v (split from backup thread)

Originally posted by Ser Olmy View Post
    Simple: You either use a backup application able to handle Hyper-V VMs, or you install backup agents on the VMs, just as one would with physical servers.

And of course, in large environments the VMs are usually stored on a storage solution capable of taking snapshots and performing incremental/delta backups.
    I am really interested about hyper V software so please give me some instruction where i can take training about it. I can not find any trusted source. I think you are a person who have some experience in it.

Re: How to backup to tape in a hyper-V world

Originally posted by Anorch View Post
    I am really interested about hyper V software so please give me some instruction where i can take training about it. I can not find any trusted source. I think you are a person who have some experience in it.
    You should start a new thread in the Hyper-V forum, or perhaps the MS Certification Forum, if that's what you're considering.

This thread is specifically about backing up Hyper-V VMs. Introducing other topics into an existing thread is considered "thread hijacking" and is frowned upon by most.

Comment

Re: How to backup to tape in a hyper-V world

Frowned upon and split to new thread....
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Learn more about hyper-v (split from backup thread)

Iím looking for the same training

Comment

A lot depends on the type of training you are after.
          Pluralsight (formerly TrainSignal) offer some online courses: http://pluralsight.com/training/Cour...r-v-essentials
          There are many, many books on Hyper-V
          Microsoft offer some instructor led courses
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It is all down to the style of training that suits you and your end goal;

MS Virtual academy;

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.c...id=BFyJgj7eY70

To revise for exams, it is worth reviewing resources such as the below;

http://bjornhouben.wordpress.com/201...system-center/

The MS revision books are also useful.

There are TechNet Virtual Labs around and of course, the free version of Hyper-V to download and install.

Comment

Search for Hyper-V on Youtube. Just enter hyper-v in the search bar and you get about 10 different options to choose from. However as mentioned, PluralSight Hyper-V tutorial by David Davis is an excellent way to get up to speed very quickly.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X