No announcement yet.

Storage Spaces (split from hijacked thread)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Spaces (split from hijacked thread)

If your Hyper-V host is the same server where you are running 2 Hyper-V 2012 clients on, how can you set the entire server up to be using storage spaces?

Re: Storage Spaces - Software vs hardware raid?

Don't hijack threads please - split to new thread in HyperV forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Storage Spaces (split from hijacked thread)

Can you provide more information with regards to your hardware and the storage used by the Guest VMs. Furthermore, what the requirements are that you are trying to achieve.

Re: Storage Spaces (split from hijacked thread)

SBS is dead but some customers prefer to have a single server in house fot there mail and files and maybe a small database.

I want 1 server with 16 or 32 gb ram and 4 drives (2 256GB SAS drives and 2 2TB SATA drives). This all in tiered storage.

When i setup the server, i can install Windows 2012R2 and put it as a hyper-V host en configure the storage spaces. But i cannot add the Original drive i installed it on. So i'm left with my Hyper-V host on one of the 2 SSD drives and i would like it all to be on tiered storage spaces.

As Hyper-V guests i have a Windows 2012R2 server with DNS AD file and print, workfolders etc. And on the other host is Exchange 2013.

Any ideas?