No announcement yet.

Server 2008 R2, Hyper V, public & private cloud.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2008 R2, Hyper V, public & private cloud.

I have purchased a 64gb 32core Cloud Device running Server 2008R2 and wish to run Hyper-V to provide Cpanel/Plesk VPS that are connected directly to the internet using IP addresses from the 16 public address I have assigned.
    In addition I would like to set up a private cloud that has several public address pointed at one VPS (firewall) and internally NAT traffic to the relevant devices for the request.
    In other words what I am saying is has anyone had experience on such an environment and can help me get my head around the Virtual Network configuration / Hyper-V I need? At the moment I have not managed to get a virtual server to be able to talk to the internet.
    To confirm there is one piece of hardware with enough resource to run several virtual servers. The hardware has 16 public address that are currently assigned to the NIC’s in Windows and are ping’able from the internet. My intention in the future is to cluster the device for resilience but for now only once piece of hardware is available.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Server 2008 R2, Hyper V, public & private cloud.

A better understanding of the vSwitch might be helpful. There are two recent threads that go over it:

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond