Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V Machine - Saved State script

Hi

Can anyone help me, I'm looking for a powershell script or otherwise that starts a saved machine after a backup program puts it into a saved state mode? Is a server 2008 R2 VM which shouldnt go into a saved state in the first place but Ive had microsoft dial in and they cant fix it the backup firm Backup Assist say its a VSS issue so maybe the "easy" simple solution is to start the VM after the backup completes, as if i leave the backup run it does complete successfully but it leaves the VM in a saved state, funny enought two VMs are backed up but it only effects one of the VMs not the other which is also Server 2008 R2, weird eh?

Thanks in advance

Re: Hyper-V Machine - Saved State script

Have you tested using a new VM and see if the problem doesn't happen? You could then consider migrating the services on the VSS issue VM to the new VM. I am not knowledgeable with regards to the PowerShell side of it.

Comment

Re: Hyper-V Machine - Saved State script

I think i fixed it, there was another service hoging the VSS writer so as soon as i disabled this service it didnt go into a saved state while being backed up, thanks

Comment

Working...
      X