2 NIC's 1 VM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 NIC's 1 VM

Running Hyper-V and have several client running. Is it possible to have a VM client run 2 Virtual NIC's? I can't find a way on doing this, anyone have anything on this?

My Core server has 6 physical NIC's so I have plenty of NIC's to go around.

Thanks

Re: 2 NIC's 1 VM

Yes, you can. If you go to the settings of the VM, you can then add an additional NIC. If the OS supports it, add a synthetic Network Adapter.

You will need to add additional Virtual Network and map it to one of the physical NICs, if you wish to dedicate a virtual NIC to a specific physical NIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      Yes, you can. If you go to the settings of the VM, you can then add an additional NIC. If the OS supports it, add a synthetic Network Adapter.

You will need to add additional Virtual Network and map it to one of the physical NICs, if you wish to dedicate a virtual NIC to a specific physical NIC.
      I was looking at the settings and I'm guessing being my VM is running I cant see the add network card option. Ill stop a VM and see if I can add a NIC.

Comment

correct - it's not a setting you can change for an active guest
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X