Problem with Hyper-v install & run. Hypervisor fatal error STOP: 0x00020001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Hyper-v install & run. Hypervisor fatal error STOP: 0x00020001

I purchased a core i3 laptop. I installed Hyper-V on Server 2008. I also updated Hyper-V using one kb95505 (something like this) hotfix on Server 2008 rtm base O/S. On running virtual machine inside Hyper-V, I am getting stop error hypervisor has encountered a fatal error STOP: 0x00020001. It also prepares a memory dump and shuts down the system with bsod. I have run memory diagnostic on my ASUS K52F. There is no problem with memory. Though I had updated memory. But I run Windows 7, and it's stable, Server 08 as such is stable untill Hyper-V is not installed. In laptop the virtualization technology is enabled and also the VT-d is enabled. There is no setting for dep or execution bit xd in bios. What could be the problem? Please help, I have to otherwise return the laptop within time limit. Please help. How do You check the version of Hyper-V? I am sure someone will ask me for it
    Last edited by biggles77; 8th July 2011, 03:04. Reason: Edited to make for easier reading

Re: Urgent,Please help. Problem with Hyper-v install & run

Have you enabled HyperV in the BIOS?
    What is in the event logs for the BSOD?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Urgent,Please help. Problem with Hyper-v install & run

windows error lookup code gives me 60 responses for 0x0002001. Please provide more info, like the eventlog dump as requested.

you could also try debugging the dmp file, that would tell you the drivers, which may be of assistance.

it could also just be power management..

although...if I keep stabbing like this, I might get a grue
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Problem with Hyper-v install & run. Hypervisor fatal error STOP: 0x00020001

pgtech77, a thread title starting with Urgent,please help is not helpful in describing your problem so I have adjusted the title accordingly.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X