VM TS2008 c:\temp strange folder size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VM TS2008 c:\temp strange folder size

Strange one this, for our VM 2008 TS there Temp folder only shows two files and 2 folders (antivirus update and current admin), but when I perform a properties check it's reporting is 5GB and 130,000 files.

I'm wondering if they are related to remote user profiles that are hidden for a reason.

Any thoughts?

Re: VM TS2008 c:\temp strange folder size

Ok, this looks like the folder, Temporary Internet Files which is hidden, which I suspect is for all users, how can I clean this out because when you double click it, nothing shows?

Comment

Sorted.

Comment

Care to share how you did it?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Care to share how you did it?
          Sure.

Set the OS to display hidden files and goto c:\temp\Internet Temporary Files

You may observe that when enabling the visibility of hidden files, anything in the above folder still wouldn't show any content (it only seem to enable it for said folder Internet Temporary Files). When I logged off and on again it decided to show a structure containing:-

Content.IE5
          Content.MSO
          Content.Outlook
          Content.Word
          Low\Content.IE5

There were some others but I wasn't interested in these because only the above relate to temporary files.

I deleted everything from above folders using Explorer, anything I couldn't I used a command prompt del . /s while in the correct top level folder (so be very careful)

I then ran a defrag, shutdown the VM and Compacted the VHD which further reduced the 32gb file to 25gb

Comment

Working...
          X