Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acces using domain\admin not possible Hyper V domain controller

Hello,
    i have installed domain controller in a hyper-v and creeted two other instances on hyper v for sql server and sharepoint. i have joined those instances to the domain and it works fine. but when trying to connect through remote desktop at the sql or sharepoint instances it prompts for password and after providing password it it prompts again.

All of the server can be accessed remotely using local administrator credentials but i need to access using domain\admin. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Acces using domain\admin not possible Hyper V domain controller

I don't think this is related to Hyper-V, but I'll leave the thread here for the time being...
    Have you added the Domain Admin account to the Remote Desktop Users local group on the both SQL and SharePoint servers?
    Where are you trying to log on from? Is that machine also part of the domain? If not, are you using [email protected] format?
    Also, please provide details about the operating systems of the servers involved.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Re: Acces using domain\admin not possible Hyper V domain controller

I would think about disjoining and rejoining the domain
      I presume you have checked basic networking and DNS configuration and each computer can ping the other by netbios and fqdn, and that the appropriate SRV records exist on the DC's DNS?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X