Symantec Endpoint won't deploy in Hyper-V

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symantec Endpoint won't deploy in Hyper-V

My parent is Server 2008 R2. I have SBS 2008 R2 running as a VM. Symantec Endpoint is installed on SBS 2008 and the client is installed on the SBS VM. When I try to deploy installation packages, the deploymet fails. If I install the Symantec installation package locally, it does not get updates from the SBS server.

The firewall on the SBS server appears to have all the correct ports open for Symantec services. I also disabled the firewall on ther Server 2008 R2 parent but that did not make any difference. Any suggestions?
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: Symantec Endpoint won't deploy in Hyper-V

Just some directions to start looking for the solution:
    1) is the Network Discovery turned on in the VM? Is the network defined as Public by any chance?
    2) can you see the VM from the SBS2008 server? Ping it? See it's shared folders?
    3) is the firewall on the VM also open? BTW, the firewall on the parent should have no influence on the network connection of the VM.
    4) check the Event logs on both SBS2008 and SBS2008 R2 servers for any events generated by the SEP.

I can tell you I have SEP11 installed on both Hyper-V hosts and their VMS and have no issues with them whatsoever. The clients are updated, policies applied, all's OK.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

I opened up the firewall port at bot ends and now some of the clients are updating. Many still fail though. Thanks for the suggections.
      Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

I am glad to hear. Don't forget to check the Event logs, you might find there the debugging info you need...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X