Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V option not coming

Hi ,

I have just installed Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition . I am using a Intel Original Motherboard which supports the virtulization. Now While trying to brose the server roles , i am not able to see the windows server virtulization option in it...What can be the reason.

My motherboard is Intel Original 55Tc , Core i5 Processor , Nvidia Graphics Controller. I enabled Virtulization in Bios settings.

Please help me to resolve ...as i need to install 2 servers using the hyper -v

Thanks...

Re: Hyper-V option not coming

Check the BIOS and see if there is a second Virtual option to enable. On my Award BIOS there was 2 locations that had to be enabled. What is your BIOS?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi,

I am getting this option in my BIOS Settings Security Tab

Intel Virtulization Technology - Enable
      Intel VT- for directed I/0 ( VT-d ) - Enable

I make it enable ...

Here i am sending you the screen shot of msinfo32 , in which you can find bios version.

Eventhough the hyper-v role is not coming under the server roles.

Please help.
      Attached Files

Comment

try this:

servermanagercmd -i Hyper-V -restart
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Things are getting a bit mixed up here...
          First of all, Hyper-V is available on Windows Server 2008 or R2 64-bit version only. From the data you posted, I cannot see for sure you're using a 64-bit OS.
          Second, the version you have is the RTM (the original version) of Server 2008, not Server 2008R2. This version did not contained the Hyper-V role, it was released (almost six months) later and it was available as an update to the OS.
          This means:
          1) you will need to check what version you have installed. One can do that by checking if in the System drive (usually, C there are two Program Files folders, one that has (x86) at the end. This is a sign that the OS is 64-bit. You should also run this free tool: http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=42782 to see if the hardware fits to a 64-bit OS;
          2) fully update the OS. You will see that there are only 16 available server roles. After you complete the updates, Hyper-V will show up and there will be 17 of them.

Judging by your questions, I assume (G*D forgive me for that) that you are not accustomed to Hyper-V. I suggest you read some articles:
          - Installing Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
          - Microsoft Hyper-V Tips ( everything you need to know about it).

There are of course a lot of other resources, feel free.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Hi Sorniso ,

Thanks for guiding me correctly , i have check my hardware and its compatible with 64 bit OS . I have installed the Windows server2008 64bit and Hyper -V option start coming.

Now after added the Hyper -V role at the time of reboot i am getting the blue screen error , it appears for a 3 seconds and reboots again . I can see the words virtulization problem written inside that so what can be possible in my case.

My Hardware is fully compatible with 64 bit computing as i check with the

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=42782 ...so what can be the other issue.

Please help....

Comment

Are the switches in the BIOS dealing with VT (NX and DEP) enabled? Please notice that after you change the values, the machine needs to be turned off. Completely. Restart will not do the job.
              Any chance you can take a picture of the error message you get there (or write it down) and post it here?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

Hi ,

After the hyper-v role is get installed and reboot it gives this error....i have enabled virtualization option in my bios ...

please help to resolve...

Thanks....
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi sorniso , tehcamel ,

Please help me...

Thanks,

Comment

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Hyper V role

When does the BSOD appear -- when you boot or when you go into HyperV?
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

I am getting BSOD at the time of reboot ...its rebooting again and again ...also i try to boot in a safe mode ..it boots but there are no option available to remove a hyper -v role...i must have to reinstall completely....

please help....

Comment

If you cannot reboot the server (including in Safe Mode and LNG) you have no option but to reinstall
                        Tom Jones
                        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                        X