Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Second Host on One Laptop To Test HA

Hello,

I am trying to test High Availability on 2 Hyper-V Windows 2012 Hosts. All I have One Laptop with 250G HDD and 8 G Ram.

This is what I did, and I really appreciate if somebody tell me what part of my setting is wrong:

I installed Windows server 2012 r2 on my Laptop, and installed Hyper-v version 6.3.9600 on it

I have One Host and installed some virtual machines on my first Host (Windows and Linux servers on it. My first virtual machine is Active Directory, and other virtual machines are join to my domain.It works perfectly.

Now I want to add my second Host and test HA and DRS on 2 hosts? I do not have another physical machine.

How can I have 2 Hosts on my one Laptop then be able to test Hyper-V HA on those?

I really appreciate any idea to do this.

Thanks,

No, lets think about the meaning of Host - it is always a physical machine.
    You will need a second machine (scout around for a second/third hand server as they can be VERY cheap) networked to the laptop
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X