Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HYPER-V HOST - VLAN

Hello to all,

I have setup 2 HYPER-V Servers with 2 Virtual Machines to as Remote Desktop Servers.
    My question is it is better to add HYPER-V Servers in different VLAN or i can have it in the same VLAN as Virtual Servers.
    Note that my network use only one VLAN.

There is not a requirement that the hosts be on a separate VLAN from the guests. However, for some of my clients I do dedicate a VLAN for the hosts and put a firewall between them and the rest of the network since getting access to the hosts is like getting physical access to the virtual machines.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

As pointed out, you ideally need separation from a security perspective but its down to your environment requirements and technology you have or can invest in and weighing this up against the risks.

Comment

"My question is it is better to add HYPER-V Servers in different VLAN or i can have it in the same VLAN as Virtual Servers."

Is it better? Is it better for what? What would be your purpose and use case for implementing VLAN's? What are your needs and design goals? What type of security/isolation needs do you have?

Comment

Working...
        X